Tuesday

Time For St. Jude

I know, I know, the Buckeyes had a bye.  Yes, I am aware that there are still 4 unbeaten teams, all of which are due to have their tickets punched before OSU.  But I will tell ya, I'm getting pretty sick of this leapfrog BS.  The latest example?  Stanford.  Last week they were ranked 13th in the BcS.  They beat Arizona, who was ranked 15th.  Result?  Stanford is now 6th.  What?!  I can buy LSU jumping to 5 after they knocked of Alabama, but where is the logic of moving the Cardinal up 7 spots, jumping over 2.5 Big10 teams (Nebraska).  Another point of contention (I might post on the Big10 3 team tie-breaker system, but not today): conventional wisdom deems that Wisconsin should be ranked above Ohio State because the Badgers beat us.  Ok, but Michigan State beat Wisconsin.  True, the Spartans got throttled by Iowa, who lost to the Badgers.  The Bucks play the Hawkeyes in 2 weeks.  Does this mean that if we beat Iowa (currently #13), we then jump Wisconsin, Nebraska and Stanford?  Yes?  Probably not.  The fact of the matter is that the Big10 was done indelible damage by Ohio State's back-to-back ugly losses to SEC teams in the national championship game.  Until the conference proves that it can hang with the big boys on that kind of stage, the disrespect by the pollsters will continue.  Don't even get me started again on how we need to completely remove the repugnant subjectivity from the system.  Start rubbing those medals, kids, it's just not gonna happen this year.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...